GATHERING REAL WORLD DATA THROUGH OUR PATIENT ENGAGEMENT TOOL- MEDSMART®:
We see ourselves at the centre of real world data on patient insights and as the world of big data grows so does our value & opportunities.
Innovation means change and doing things differently. Talking Medicines saw a market need for real world data insights from patients and designed a tool called Medsmart® through listening to both users and customers – what they wanted & what kinds of insight would be valuable.
After launching in Summer 2017 we are delighted that this week we have smashed a major milestone of reaching 10,000 Medsmart App downloads on iOS and Android. This gives us a power of valuable insight into how patients interact with their medicines in the real world. We thank the innovative thinkers who have helped shape Medsmart® & drive commercial discussions with Pharmaceutical Companies marketing teams. We are actively learning at every stage & look forward to working with many partners as we grow.
We are keen to share some of our highlights on the Medsmart® journey so far.
VALUABLE REAL WORLD DATA INSIGHTS:
• See where medicines are being actively used by patients
• Understand the profile of who is actually taking your medicine
• See the other medicines that users are taking and what they think they take them for
• Evidence behaviour around changes in medicines in the real world
The images below are tasters from our Medsmart® database showing anonymised profile data on gender, blood type and allergies/intolerances:
· Medsmart® addresses the need from consumers to manage their medicines at home
· Users have access to curated content on over 12,000 UK community, prescription & over-the-counter (OTCs) medicines by scanning the barcode of a medicine pack
· Created a safe place through which to keep on top of active & suspended medicines
· Noting allergies & intolerances to ingredients is proving to be a popular feature
· Created sub folders for users to manage the medicines of their dependants
· Set up reminders & logging when medicines are taken, switched or a course is finished
STRONG PERSONAS WITHIN MEDSART USER BASE:
Young and Digital Tom & Alice
Young, no nonsense, devices early adopters, male & female, mobile
Female bias, busy mum, caring for older parents, time poor and concerned, mobile devices
On multi medicines, with time on hands, users of tablets
COVERAGE ACROSS MEDICINES AND DISEASE AREAS:
For customers, the Medsmart® tool can be used to mine medicine insight for those already actively engaged or as a deep dive tool where patients need to be recruited. Medsmart® data enables us to work with customers to develop more effective medicines for users.
We see a broad coverage of medicines with high Medsmart® usage across these following key areas:·
- Birth control
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Inflammatory conditions
- Skin conditions
- Thyroid conditions
The image below is showing the distribution from the top 10 areas from Medsmart® users:
Exciting days lie ahead as we scale – we are keen to connect with you so please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Read more at Talking Medicines Digital Health Blog.
Talking Medicines Linkedin page.
Talking Medicines Twitter page.
Registered in Scotland: SC447227 with company address 202 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HW. 0141 628 8381 | www.talkingmedicines.com | [email protected]